Pioneer Churches and Cemeteries in The R.M. of Daly
Historic Sites of Manitoba
Bradwardine and District: A Century and More. 1880-2003; Bradwardine History Book Committee
Tarbolton Pioneer Trails 1880-1969
The Rivers Story, Prepared to Commemorate 50 Years of Town Incorporation, G.F. Barker
Kirkham's Bridge: From generation to generation - Kirkham's Bridge Women's Institute
Bradwardine Presbyterian (1902 – 1969)
The building was moved to nearby farm.
Daly Methodist / Daly United Church 1902 – 1964 NW 32-11-22
The first services were held at the Daly school in the spring of 1890. The minister from the Bloomsbury field, which also included Bloomsbury, Saskatchewan, Roseville, and Hunter, led the service. This continued until the Daly Mission was separated from the Bloomsbury circuit in 1892 to form a circuit that included Hunter, Spring Valley, Tarbolton and Pendennis. A church was built in 1903 on a lot donated by a Mr. Tyerman. At that time the circuit consisted of Westwood, Bradwardine and Daly. A parsonage was built 1906. In 1921, Daly Methodist Church formed a Local Union with Daly's Presbyterian congregation to become Daly Union Church. It closed in 1964 and became a residence in Wheatland.
Hunter Presbyterian Congregation
Used Hunter School, built in 1889 on NW 5-11-20
Knox Presbyterian Church, Rivers (1910)
St. Matthew's Ancrum Anglican SE 20-12-22
first services were held
in Ancrum School. The church was built in 1901 on SE 20-12-22 and
It was deconsecrated 1986 and moved to the nearby English Museum.
Roseville Mission Hall (1884) NE 28-11-20
In 1880 John B. Sargent was sent to Rapid City to minister to Anglicans. He would travel the 14 km to conduct services in the Cousins house. In 1882 Dick Cousins canvassed the district for subscriptions to build a church. James Varcoe donated the land on NE 28-11-20 and helped with construction.Anglicans Baptists Methodists and Congregationalists shared the building – providing the ministers on rotating Sundays. Addition built in 1896 with renovations, interior gyproc & painting in1943
Roseville Cemetery 1884 NE 28-11-20
Land donated by James Varcoe. The site of Roseville Union Church – first in Daly (1884)
Saint James Anglican Church, Rivers 1908
Stewartville Methodist Church – 1904 - 48 E 8-11-20 then SE 14-11-21
The church opened Aug. 21, 1904. A Manse was built nearby on NE 7-11-21 in 1908. In 1928 the Church was moved two miles to the east.
Presbyterian / United Church 1888 - NW 21-11-22
annual service and picnic
Wheatland Anglican Church
Wheatland / Rivers Methodist Church NW 16-12-21
Wheatland Methodist Church was built in 1903. Moved to Rivers as a Methodist Church in 1910. Moved again in 1931 and added to the east side of the United Church, then moved to a local business as a warehouse in 1955.